WMFD TV

Search Archive WMFD.com News

www.wmfd.com - A resident at Elmcroft Assisted Living, in Ontario, suffers smoke inhalation when their air conditioner malfunctions.

   
 
Faulty A/C sends one to the hospital

Story By: Brad Francis

 

 

 
 
 
  Email Story to Friend
   
 

Some scary moments at an Ontario assisted living facility.

Springfield Township firefighters were called out to Elmcroft Assisted Living, on Walker Lake Road early this morning, on a report of smoke in the building. They thought it was a faulty oxygen tank. So they cleared the smoke and left.

Then, just a few hours later, firefighters were called back to Elmcroft. More smoke was filling room 312.

It turns out that oxygen tank wasn't the problem after all. Springfield Twp. Fire Dept. Lt. Michael Mullins says it appears faulty wiring inside the room's air conditioner was causing the smoke.

The resident who lived there was transported to the hospital for smoke inhalation. They're expected to be OK.

   
  MORE RECENT NEWS
 
Image1 Two people are dead after a two- vehicle crash at U.S. 42 and Ohio 302 in Ashland County Tuesday night. Full Story
Image1 Students and teachers in the Madison School District are re- energized as today was the first day of classes for the new school year. Full Story
 
Image1 The school year has begun and many districts are back in the swing of things Full Story
Image1 Richland and Ashland Counties each receive $56,400 from the state's "Strong Families, Safe Communities" grant program, as its portion of a $600,000 award to a group of eleven counties. Full Story
  MORE NEWS
 

Richland, Ashland Counties Get Strong Families Grants

Autopsy reveals infant accidentially suffocated

New School Year Begins In Ontario

Mansfield man found not guilty in shooting case

Ashland High School Students Grieve, Remember Classmate

Mansfield man killed in two-vehicle crash

House Unemployment Debt Study Committee Meets In Mansfield

Task Force arrests fugitive wanted in Mansfield shooting

Teen sentenced for assaulting business owner

More News