WMFD TV

Search Archive WMFD.com News

www.wmfd.com - A resident at Elmcroft Assisted Living, in Ontario, suffers smoke inhalation when their air conditioner malfunctions.

   
 
Faulty A/C sends one to the hospital

Story By: Brad Francis

 

 

 
 
 
  Email Story to Friend
   
 

Some scary moments at an Ontario assisted living facility.

Springfield Township firefighters were called out to Elmcroft Assisted Living, on Walker Lake Road early this morning, on a report of smoke in the building. They thought it was a faulty oxygen tank. So they cleared the smoke and left.

Then, just a few hours later, firefighters were called back to Elmcroft. More smoke was filling room 312.

It turns out that oxygen tank wasn't the problem after all. Springfield Twp. Fire Dept. Lt. Michael Mullins says it appears faulty wiring inside the room's air conditioner was causing the smoke.

The resident who lived there was transported to the hospital for smoke inhalation. They're expected to be OK.

   
  MORE RECENT NEWS
 
Image1 The rape and kidnapping trial of a Mansfield man begins in Richland County Common Pleas Court. Full Story
Image1 You're asked to dress for a family-friendly atmosphere if you attend the Richland County Fair next week. Full Story
 
Image1 As the start of the school year approaches, Clear Fork Board of Education members are meeting to make sure loose ends are tied up. Full Story
Image1 A fugitive sex offender from Mansfield is under arrest in Cleveland. Full Story
  MORE NEWS
 

Mansfield Sex Offender Fugitive Arrested In Cleveland

Mansfield School Board Approves Permanent Appropriations

Jazz Dance Camp Underway At Richland Academy Of The Arts

Christmas In July Held at Daysrping In Mansfield

Measles Unified Command Disbands

Man Shot In Leg In Bucyrus

Graham Ford Of Mansfield Wins Ford President's Award

Clear Fork student awarded Rumpke Scholarship

AU appoints interim provost for 2014-15 academic year

More News