WMFD TV

Search Archive WMFD.com News

www.wmfd.com - A high school student in Arizona claims McDonald's served him a Mc-Worm sandwich. }}" />

   
 
 
Worm In McDonald's Sandwich

Story By: Larry Stine

 

 

 
 
 
  Email Story to Friend
   
  Original Published: 5/26/2013 A high school student in Arizona claims McDonald's served him a Mc-Worm sandwich. For him, it's been a real meal-breaker. And, as Veronica Sanchez reports, his photo of the meal is getting a lot of attention on the internet. It's all over Facebook and Twitter - a picture of what looks like a half-eating worm next toa sausage McMuffin. High school senior Derick Holt snapped the photo after he went through the drive-thru at this McDonald's in Buckeye, Arizona. "I just unwrapped it as soon as I left the drive-thru, I was hungry," said Holt. Then, he took a bite. "I looked down at my food and saw something that looked like a vein of fat and so I pulled on it and just kept coming and coming out and then it snapped into my finger and then there was half of a worm," says Holt. Derrick went straight to the manager at McDonald's and that's when he says things got even weirder. "I was like I think it's a worm and he goes, oh no, no, looks at it, picks it up, he's like that's just a bone," says Holt. "He says that happens all the time in our patties, in our hamburgers, in our chicken nuggets especially." Derrick got a refund but he says the manager pulled on the object and then confiscated it. Upset about the way his situation was handled, Derrick posted the picture on Twitter and Facebook and it got a lot of attention. Comments like beyond disgusting and nasty. The post also got McDonald's attention. Someone from corporate called Derrick and told him the object in his McMuffin was being processed at a distribution center. The man also offered him a few free meal coupons, but Derrick's not going back to the "golden arches." "No, no desire to," he says. McDonald's sent a statement that said: "Rest assured, we take these matters very seriously. Providing safe food and beverages is a top priority at my restaurant, We took immediate action to gather the facts and begin an investigation into the matter. Until we have completed our investigation, it would be inappropriate to speculate further." Since he took that bite, Derrick has been diagnosed with gastroenteritus, a stomach virus. His doctor tested him for parasites and while he waits for those results to come back, he's not allowed to go to school until his symptoms subside, and he's sticking to his story. "I did not plant it, I was quite disgusted to see it," he says,
   
  MORE RECENT NEWS
 
Image1 A Medina County man convicted of pandering child pornography has been sentenced to 28 years in prison. Full Story
Image1 Two people are in jail following a meth lab bust Tuesday evening in Lucas. Full Story
 
Image1 This year will be a little brighter at one of our community non-profits. Full Story
Image1 Marvin Memorial Library's Board of Trustees is requesting a 1.75-mill Levy be placed on the May ballot. Full Story
  MORE NEWS
 

Marvin Memorial Library Seeks Levy

Cleveland Browns star safety coming to Ashland

Galion senior marching in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Post offices closed on Thanksgiving

Two Men Charged In Attempted Prison Drug Conveyance

Dowds Elementary Students Grocery Shop For Shelby Helpline

Sugargrove Tree Farm Owner Going To White House

Shelby School Board OK's Pay Hike For Substitute Teachers

Tornado Siren Testing Wednesday

Displaced Stimens Apartment Residents Receiving Donations

Famous Family Psychologist Visits Mansfield

Man arrested after burglary investigation leads to chase

High Wind WARNING

More News