WMFD TV

Search Archive WMFD.com News

www.wmfd.com - A fire Tuesday night has put a small Mansfield business temporarily out of business. }}" />

   
 
 
Fire Damages Glass House In Mansfield

Story By: Greg Heindel

 

 

 
 
 
  Email Story to Friend
   
  Original Published: 9/25/2013

A fire Tuesday night has put a small Mansfield business temporarily out of business. The blaze broke-out at 9 pm at the Glass House at 526 Park Avenue West. Fire Chief Steve Strickling says firefighters arrived to find smoke coming from the front of the building. He says the fire was caused by smoking materials being carelessly discarded. The store and merchandise sustained smoke damage, but no flame damage. The store apparently was closed for the night and no firefighters were injured. The owners have contracted with Zara Construction to repair the damage. A company employee was on the scene Wednesday morning assessing the damage, and says the Glass House can be repaired and re-opened within a month.

   
  MORE RECENT NEWS
 
Image1 Richland County Mental Health and Recovery Services observed the 25th National Recovery Month kickoff at the Cafe on Main Street. Full Story
Image1 Autism statistics from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention identify around one in 68 American children as on the autism spectrum, a 10-fold increase in prevalence in 40 years. Full Story
 
Image1 The Crawford/Richland County AFL-CIO Labor Day Parade kicked off Monday morning in downtown Mansfield. Full Story
Image1 Baseball as it was played in 1860 was showcased Sunday in Shelby. Full Story
  MORE NEWS
 

Vintage Baseball Played In Shelby

Galion Man Killed In ATV Accident In Crawford County

Shawshank Actor Debuts Photo Gallery

Lucas Community Center Raises Money to Finish Renovations

Girls' night out with a medical twist

Mosquito Spraying Schedule

More News