Winter Crisis HEAP Program offering assistance
Story By: Brigitte Coles
|Tweet||Email Story to Friend|
Original Published: 1/7/2014
The Winter Crisis Program (HEAP) is a heating assistance program that may provide a one-time payment toward a utility and/or bulk fuel service for those who meet the program eligibility requirements.
The program begins November 1, 2013 and runs through March 31, 2014. Appointments can be made by calling the automated appointment line at 1-866-861-6421.
OHCAC has a morning WALK-IN policy. The policy is as follows:
(1) electric or gas customers must be in a shut off situation
(2) bulk fuel, wood, coal or heating oil customers must have less than 25% of the fuel source on hand.
Walk-In customers will be served daily on a limited first come first serve basis. Please be prepared to wait for assistance.
The PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS are as follows. The applicant must have:
• A Utility service that is currently off or in disconnection status for the gas and/or electric service
• A utility service that needs started OR,
• 25% or less supply of bulk fuel (propane, fuel oil, wood, coal) AND,
• Eligible applicant’s total household income must be AT or below 175% of the 2014 Federal Poverty guidelines:
Size of Household Total Household Annual Income Previous Three Months Income
1) $20,108 $ 5,026
2) $ 27,143 $ 6,785
3) $ 34,178 $ 8,544
4) $ 41,213 $10,303
5) $ 48,248 $12,061
6) $ 55,283 $13,820
For households with more than 8 members, add $ 7,035 for 12 months or $ 1,759 for three months.
All applicants also MUST provide the following documentation at their appointments:
• Proof of income for the previous thirteen (13) weeks or seven (7) pays if paid bi-weekly.
• BOTH primary and electric heating bills-ALL pages.
• Proof of disability (If applicable)
• Social Security Numbers for ALL household members!
• Copy of Lease agreement or Rent Receipts (If applicable)
• Picture ID of primary applicant
• Confirmation # (Provided by the automated phone system when scheduling appointment).
• For individuals who receive CHILD SUPPORT OR UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS MUST bring this documentation with them at the time of their appointment!
• If claiming zero income, MUST provide written documentation from ODJFS!
• IF claiming living off of school grants-MUST provide educational clarification.
Please CALL the AUTOMATED APPOINTMENT HOTLINE AT 1-866-861-6421
|MORE RECENT NEWS|
© Mid-State Television, Inc..
Click here for advertising information.