WMFD TV

Search Archive WMFD.com News

www.wmfd.com - A resident at Elmcroft Assisted Living, in Ontario, suffers smoke inhalation when their air conditioner malfunctions. }}" />

   
 
 
Faulty A/C sends one to the hospital

Story By: Brad Francis

 

 

 
 
 
  Email Story to Friend
   
  Original Published: 6/26/2014

Some scary moments at an Ontario assisted living facility.

Springfield Township firefighters were called out to Elmcroft Assisted Living, on Walker Lake Road early this morning, on a report of smoke in the building. They thought it was a faulty oxygen tank. So they cleared the smoke and left.

Then, just a few hours later, firefighters were called back to Elmcroft. More smoke was filling room 312.

It turns out that oxygen tank wasn't the problem after all. Springfield Twp. Fire Dept. Lt. Michael Mullins says it appears faulty wiring inside the room's air conditioner was causing the smoke.

The resident who lived there was transported to the hospital for smoke inhalation. They're expected to be OK.

   
  MORE RECENT NEWS
 
Image1 Three-hundred first through fourth graders at Dowds Elementary School in Shelby make their annual contribution to feeding needy families during the holidays. Full Story
Image1 A local Christmas tree grower is about to enjoy a great honor, a trip to the White House. Full Story
 
Image1 Does a pay raise sound good to you? Shelby Schools hopes so. Full Story
Image1 Richland County 911/Emergency Management Agency would like to notify all citizens of Richland County that all working sirens will be tested at 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 26, 2014. Full Story
  MORE NEWS
 

Tornado Siren Testing Wednesday

Displaced Stimens Apartment Residents Receiving Donations

Famous Family Psychologist Visits Mansfield

Man arrested after burglary investigation leads to chase

Shelby's Night of Christmas Magic Summons the Polar Express

Galion's Varsity Grille Holds Benefit for United Way

Holiday Fair brings Festive Crowds to Mansfield Art Center

High Wind WARNING

More News