Attic Fire Breaks Out In Shelby Apartment Building

  • 12/5/2017 5:25:10 PM
  • Jesse Smith
  • Local News

SHELBY, OH - A fire started in the attic of an apartment at the Smiley Garden Apartments at 69 East Smiley Avenue in Shelby Tuesday afternoon. The cause of the fire was a wall mounted heater that had been left alone.

No one was injured in the fire as the home was empty at the time. 

The apartment where the fire started was heavily damaged, according to Shelby Fire Chief Mike Thompson, but the two neighboring apartments sustained very little damage. 

Shelby Fire Department and Shiloh Fire Department and Community EMS responded to the scene and none of the first responders were injured. Thompson says the first responders did an excellent job in not only extinguishing the blaze but containing it and minimizing damage to the homes.

More Local News

Our top stories from around the area
  • Mansfield Residents March To End Gun Violence

    • 4/19/2018 10:19:33 PM
    • Jesse Smith
    • Local News

    Members of the community met at the city square in downtown Mansfield on Thursday night for a march and prayer vigil against gun violence.

Local News

More stories from around the area