4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
4 tablespoons Frangelico
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons almond extract
2 cups hazelnuts, oil-roasted &coarsley chopped
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients (except the nuts) together in a bowl.
- In a seperate bowl mix the liquids. Mix the liquids into the dry ingredients
until the dough is stiff. Do not overmix.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Shape the dough into 2 flattish logs 3 inches wide and approximately 15
- Place the logs on a buttered cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350. Remove from the oven and let cool to the touch.
- Using a bread knife, slice the log crosswise into 3/4 inch pieces. Place the
pieces back on the cookie sheet side down.
- Bake again for 15 minutes until the cookies are a golden brown.
- Store in a tight tin. Cookies store well for weeks.