1 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 cups flour, sifted
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 Tbsp. butter
1/4 cup milk
Preheat oven to 350º
Yield: 30 cookies approx.
- Cream together margarine, sugar & egg.
- Add vanilla, & pumpkin; mix well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add flour to pumpkin mixture, stir, add walnuts and mix well.
- Drop heaping teasspoons of dough onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
Instructions for icing:
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, milk, and butter.
- Boil for 3 minutes and remove from heat
- Add enough icing sugar to make a thick spreading consistency.
Serving suggestions & Notes:
These are a nicely spiced cookie, good with or without the icing.