Candle Sets Family's Basement Aflame In Bonnie Drive Fire

  • 12/4/2018 7:53:56 PM
  • Jesse Smith
  • Local News

MANSFIELD, OH - Around 6:42 PM Tuesday evening, Madison Fire and EMS were dispatched to structure fire at a family home on Bonnie Drive.

According to Madison Fire Chief Ron Luttrell, the fire began in the basement of the home after a candle fell over onto a nearby pillow.

"Our crews did an amazing job of trying to get down to the scene of the fire," Luttrell said. "There was a lot of stuff in the basement that we had to work around. Consequently, it took us about an hour to get the fire contained."

All of the home's occupants escaped unharmed. The home suffered heat damage in the basement as well as smoke damage throughout the house. No damage estimate was available at the time. Madison Fire Department was assisted at the scene by Mifflin Township Fire, Monroe Township Fire, and Franklin Township Fire.

More Local News

Our top stories from around the area
  • Richland County Transit Board Seeking Public Input
  • Richland County Transit Board Seeking Public Input

    • 3/20/2019 6:48:27 PM
    • Jenna Ramolt
    • Local News

    The Richland County Transit (RCT) Board is seeking public input on possible changes to the current route system that serves Mansfield, Ontario, and parts of Madison Township.

  • Ashland U Professor Studies Fish To Combat Cataracts

    • 3/20/2019 5:42:24 PM
    • Jenna Ramolt
    • Local News

    This Ashland University Biology Professor has been working with undergraduate students for the past three years to uncover what Zebrafish can tell us about cataracts, which are the greatest source of human blindness worldwide.

Local News

More stories from around the area